Friday, November 29, 2013

What the hell was that?

So I'm sitting around the kitchen table listening to the hum of the beehive.  It's pretty rare that there is any silence in this house and when the occasion arises, somebody is up to no good.  Gramps is leaning in trying to hear what the fuss is all about. Usually there are about 4 women yapping about random things.  But this time, it's quiet.  Granny went to the store to buy some buns, gramps is trying to figure out why his key doesn't fit in the lock anymore and Mavs has taken a little time out to be with The Suit, who has just arrived with dinner.  As I am caught up in a little daydream about Gronk, I hear the craziest noise from the spare room.  It's a cross between chains rattling in a closet, scratches across the floor and a hiss.  Well, I have no idea what the fuck is going on but I know it's not good.  In walks granny with her bag of buns and I sit dead panned watching this furball blurry creature freaking out, attached to what seems to be a metal cage.  Almost. It's daisy. And she has got her collar snagged onto the most ornate food bowl ever.  She spins it around and shit goes flying everywhere.  Water, kibble, metal, fur.  Water kibble metal and fur.  There is goes again! I've never seen anything quite like it.  At this point I am laughing my fool head off and up from the desolate basement comes Mavs. She's been a witness to this before and has told me about it.  I had no idea the catastrophic and hilarity of it all.  We both are in a fit of hysterics.  Frankly, it's really not that funny.  But I can't stop snickering about it.  It's just one of those things that you just have to bear witness to. It's like when somebody trips and stumbles.  It's really not that funny but it makes you laugh. Granny just mumbled, "sonofabitch dog, he stupid! Gettahellara!"

No comments:

Post a Comment