Friday, November 29, 2013

Antics and Drama

First and foremost, Happy American Thanksgiving and Black Friday! Hope everyone survived the madness and saved some money on all the things you "need". 
Black Friday is a new concept for Canada and everyone kept asking me if it really is crazy and whether or not the deals are really that great. Honestly, YES it's a madhouse of crazy orangatangs fighting over the last Myley Cyrus cd and big screen tv that they already have because " it's such a good deal "!! NEWSFLASH your spending money on something you already have or don't need which means ITS NOT A GOOD DEAL!!!! Rant over.

So yesterday was a calmer day at the beehive. Lita stopped by to rescue ranger me from the PIT OF DOOM aka the basement suite The Suit and I live in. We stopped by the bookstore and brainlessly shifted through pages of books that caught our eyes, stocked up on some espresso holiday drink treats and made our way back to the hive. Upon walking in it I was sure the young babe, who I babysit daily, would have been awake from her nap. To my surprise I did not see her and no sooner did I ask if she had awoken from her slumber, that I heard that shrill of a scream indicating the answer. You see apparently while I was away with Lita, Gramps had gotten curious about where the baby was. One thing I've caught on to about gramps... Something gets in his mind it doesn't go away. He's stubborn like that. Gramma told us he went looking for the baby 3 TIMES in the basement but "could no find". "She no there" he says with a little shake of the head determined, I suppose, that perhaps babies just disappear when they sleep. I tried to convince him she most certainly was but what do I know? "AGGHH" he shrugged it off with a phlem filled sound and it no longer mattered.
On to the next drama, the Polish Newspaper. Gramps loves reading the polish paper and always renews his subscription to stay up on the times of course. "I NEVER GET PAPER HERE!" Gramps yells. (Everyone yells esp around gramps. Never wears his hearing aid. It's "no good") Gramma yells something back in Polish that sounds something like  "Alemhashib thinkasher!!! You need to write them and tell them you no receive your son-of-a-gun paper!!!!" (Everything is a son-of-a-gun something around here) $136 a year for a paper not received... We need to follow up with this by snail mail for sure. "Give them a call it would be much faster" I said, going unheard. Guess I didn't tell loud enough.

All in all it was a good day! Yummy cabbage soup enjoyed around the table that has heard so many secrets, fights, laughs, and stories.... Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. The problem with that is grampa keeps thinking the mailman steals it. I'm a fricken mailman. And I know ours. What the hell would our "postmeister" want with a polish newspaper. Jeeezuz

    ReplyDelete