Saturday, December 28, 2013

Just another day

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Living in a winter wonderland sure is a big change from the small town Texas lifestyle I grew up in. I like the snow though but the blowing cold winds... Not so much! One thing I do enjoy is a good shopping excursion! I mean c'mon what girl doesn't?? To be honest almost anything to get me out of the house is appreciated... Being a stay at home wife isn't all it's cracked up to be (besides the sleeping in part, it's glorious!) I am an extrovert that likes staying busy and on the go with friends. Staying home watching gossip girl has kept me sane... I think.

Anyway... So big mouth phooey says she has some days off coming up and we should get together to do some baking. I'm all over that idea since I also like to bake. One morning Gramma comes down stairs to tell me that big mouth phooey will be coming over shortly for a trip to her favorite store.... Costco! Anytime I've gone shopping with big mouth phooey it's been to that store and it never fails money will be gone by the time we leave. It's almost like its a play place for grown ups.

Big mouth phooey arrives yelling for me to hurry my ass and we are on our way! We arrive early and there's already no parking. Word of advice: don't go to costco around the holidays! There's a line to get in and we are all freezing our butts off waiting. What the hell takes so long anyway?! Oh yeah it's an exclusive store for members. Not impressed.
We finally get in and it's as if it's big mouth phooeys first time. Everything is a deal or steal!! "Sonicare toothbrushes: $100!!! What no way!!!!  A fleece jacket: $30 it's an amazing deal you should get 5!!!! " I could go on but I think you get the point. Every product gets pointed out and talked about like its a must for any rational household. Even the newest Nora Roberts book. Ugh. I soon find out that the distraction of bigger better deals soon gets out of hand when I have to continually rescue our cart from abandonment in the middle of isles along the way. People keep shooting me the annoyed eye and I have to give them the apologetic "yes I know it shouldn't be left there so that you can get by" shrug. By this time our cart is full of anomalies and various food products that we must have to feed the pack of wolves we know as family. By the way the 3 lb cake ice cream log that was a must didn't even get touched. Toooooo much foooooood. After loading up at costco we then made our way across the city to a walmart. I was over shopping at this point... It takes a lot out of you. 
I text Lita for some sanity and big mouth phooey noticed that I was quiet... You can't be quiet around BMP. "You should invite Lita to come to walmart and then get a mcdonalds coffee with us" Litas response.."I'd rather stick my tongue on a frozen post!" And I'm trapped again with deals, savings, and cart rescuing. Shopping: the newest evil. Now home to bake!!

No comments:

Post a Comment