Friday, December 6, 2013

Blow up already!

There is nothing that drives me crazier than watching my granny fuss about her old large tube tv. I swear you can get radioactive poisoning standing too close to it.  Well, right at this moment, she is trying to figure out why the remote control for the cable box is not working.  Right now, the tv has turned itself on and off about 50 times.  On and off it goes.  "Son of a beech, that stupid tv, it no work. Ah, shit, son of a beech! " I can't help but laugh at the whole ordeal.  What's worse is that I managed to pry it from her hands to try to figure out what button was pressed or flicked to the off position but its so off course that I don't know where to start.  Out comes the flashlight, out comes gramps to see what the fuss is about. On off, on off, on off.  She grabbed it again and says that all you have to do is press every damn button on this thing and it'll reset itself.  Hmmmm, I wonder if life could be that easy. So we're sitting in the dark, the big black box is resisting the urge to blow itself up.  On off, on off.  I'm losing my mind.  I wonder if The Pervert or Nancy is going to have to make a housecall to fix the thing for the tenth time this month.  its an hour away from the nightly news,  There is nothing that I can do but get some lighter fluid and set the thing on fire. A girl can dream right? Oh good thing The suit just arrived, he's gonna give it a go. Well, I'll be darned.  It works! I need a nap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment